HOW TO BOOK
By far the fastest and easiest method of purchasing tickets is to book online through our website. All bookings are made via a secure server and your details remain safe at all times however we will use your details to promote fortchcoming shows - if you wish to be removed from our mailing list, please notify the box office at email@example.com
On completion of your booking you will be sent an e-mail confirmation, which acts as your ticket. No tickets will be sent in the post, so please print this at home and bring it with you or alternatively collect your tickets from our box office before the event. You do not need to collect tickets from the Box Office if you have your e-mail confirmation with you. We require proof of ID for the collection of tickets.
Please note that a booking fee of £1.50 fee applies to all transactions made online.
At the Box Office
You may purchase tickets in person by visiting our full time box office which is located at the Town Hall, The Parade, Leamington Spa, CV32 4AT. It is open from 10am - 5pm, Monday to Friday, and 10am - 2pm on Saturdays.
A box office service will be available at the venue 1 hour before an event is due to commence - closing again half an hour after it has begun. Please note that in the hour before performances are due to commence our box office becomes increasingly busy with transitions over the counter and it may not always be possible to answer telephone enquiries.
Call 01926 334 418
For ticket purchases, seating queries and show information, please call our Box Office. Phone lines are open 10am - 5pm, Monday to Friday and 10am - 2pm on Saturdays. Please note that a queuing system is in operation and there may be delays during peak times.
Please note that a £1 charge will be made for purchases made over the counter or telephone using credit or debit cards. We accept all major credit cards with the exception of American Express. Cash and cheques (made payable to Warwick District Council) incur no charges. Please do not send cash through the post.
TERMS & CONDITIONS
- All tickets are sold by Warwick District Council. By purchasing any ticket, by telephone, over the counter, or online you are agreeing to our terms and conditions of sale.
- Once paid for tickets cannot be refunded or exchanged. Please check your ticket details carefully at the point of purchase as mistakes cannot always be rectified at a later date.
- Only customers holding a valid ticket will be admitted to an event. Lost tickets can be reprinted at a cost of 50p per ticket. We operate a resale policy on sold out performances. An administration fee of £2 is charged for this service.
- Reserved tickets will be held for a period of 7 days or until 1 hour before the performance is due to commence, whichever is sooner. Full payment must be made within this time to confirm the booking. After this time unpaid reservations will be released and resold and we may not contact you before doing so.
- Discounts are available for performances where stated. Only one discount can apply to any one ticket. We reserve the right to introduce discounts and special offers at any time and these cannot be applied to tickets already purchased. You may be asked to provide proof of eligibility.
- Infants in arms (under 2 years old) may sit on a carers lap and do not require a separate ticket.
- Children under the age of 13 years must be accompanied by an adult ticket holder. Where age restrictions apply we shall advertise this on publicity material.
- It is the nature of live performance that start and running times may vary. Artists, programme and performance details are correct at the time of sale or print publication, but due to the nature of live performance, changes may be unavoidable.
- If a performance is cancelled you may be offered a rescheduled date where possible, or a refund of the face value of the ticket only. Administration charges, booking fees and postage are not refundable. We cannot be held responsible for other costs incurred to customers due the cancellation of an event.
- Tickets must not be resold at a higher price than the value of the ticket. Tickets resold at a higher price become void and the holder may be refused entry.
- By order of the licensing authority, under no circumstances shall persons be permitted to sit in any gangway which intersects the seating.
- The management reserves the right to refuse admission, to request any ticket holder to leave our premises, and to take action to enforce these rights.
- After the auditorium doors have closed latecomers may only be admitted at a suitable point in the performance, and at the discretion of the Duty Manager.
- Sound Levels are monitored and enforced in accordance with the conditions of the licensing authority.
- Photography and recording of any kind, including the use of mobile phones, is strictly prohibited within the auditorium. Out of respect to the performers and your fellow audience members, please switch off mobile phones before entering the auditorium.
Main Stage Seating Plan
Studio Seating Plan
ACCESS & GROUPS
For group bookings, discounts may be available. Please contact our Box Office and ask to speak to the Supervisor. If you have specific seating or access requirements please call our box office or email firstname.lastname@example.org and our team will be pleased to assist you.
- Up to eight wheelchair spaces are available in the main auditorium of the Royal Spa Centre, and two in the Studio / Cinema.
- Wheelchair positions can be booked in advance through our Box Office, and are charged at the lowest price. Essential carers go free.
- There is a lift to the balcony level and accessible toilets on all floors.
- There is level access to Rows A - G in the Stalls which are easily accessible.
- There is level access to Row U in the Balcony.
- There is level access to Row M in the Studio / Cinema
- The layout for Town Hall events varies considerably. All levels are accessible via a lift.
- The Main Auditorium and Studio / Cinema are equipped with infra-red hearing enhancement systems for use with headsets or portable induction loops. Both are
- available from the Box Office free of charge.
- Guide dogs are welcome.
HOW TO FIND US
The Royal Spa Centre | The Studio / Cinema are located on Newbold Terrace, Leamington Spa, Warwickshire, CV32 4HN
The Town Hall | Box Office are located on The Parade, Leamington Spa, Warwickshire, CV32 4AT
There is limited parking directly outside the Spa Centre and 4 designated disabled spaces.
The roads adjacent are unrestricted after 6pm and there is a pay and display car park next to the Spa Centre. We recommend that you arrive early to park, particularly for daytime performances.
Our foyers usually open 1 hour before all performances. Bars are located on the Stalls and Balcony level and are open pre-show and during the interval. They serve a selection of beer, wine, spirits, soft drinks, hot beverages, confectionery and ice cream. For the majority of performances interval drinks can be pre-ordered at the bar and may be taken into the auditorium in plastic glasses.